Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fall Reading

Hello everyone! I know it has been a long time since I have posted. I am missing book club. Since Labor Day weekend is coming up I thought I would recommend some Fall reading.
Those who enjoyed the book Splitting Harriet by Tamara Leigh might enjoy her new book Leaving Carolina that comes out on Sept. 15. Another author that I have found that is similar to her writing is Susan May Warren and her books Chill Out Josey, and Coming Up Josey.
Those that enjoy the English historical romance may enjoy Before the Season Ends and The House In Grosvenor Square. The author Linore Burkard is becoming well known for her Regency Inspirational Romance. This genre is not my typical reading but I enjoyed the first book so much it has opened me up to reading more in this genre.
Local author Kaye Dacus has her first book out in a similar series Ransomes Honor. Kaye also has modern day christian romance she has written, Stand In Groom and A Menu for Romance. In January our group read was By Reason of Insanity by author Randy Singer. This summer he had a book The Justice Game that came out. The unique thing about this book is he had voters vote on the direction the ending would go before he finished it.
Those of you who have girls in the pre-teen age may enjoy reading The Mother-Daughter Book Club series by Heather Vogel Frederick. I highly recommend them for great discussion starters with your girls. Also, don't forget Nancy Rue has 100 christian girl novels she has written specifcially for this age. She also has a website your daughter can visit Faithgirlz.

There is a great website I use that has all kind of online book groups some of you avid readers may be interested in. It allows you to form your own visual bookshelf of all the books you have read also. The site is http://www.shelfaribooks.com/
I'm missing book club so much I may be tempted to start it back up.
Shellie

No comments: